lead designer — Feb 2017 - present
Work directly with clients to craft narratives and spaces for the stories they are trying to tell, while maintaining an open conversation with DI's own fabricators & project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Design Lead for DI's largest project to date – both physically & monetarily – as of May 14, 2018. Still under development, the design+build project integrates the talents our design, innovation lab, engineering, and marketing departments to create a world-record-breaking iconic element when it opens in 2020.
- Design Pulse — Organize & lead an annual engagement survey for creatives within DI. In an effort to measure company effectiveness, the survey looks at five different departments to find potential areas of growth and how to best support designers with the tools they need. This effort lead directly into the adoption of Webdam, as read below:
- Webdam Implementation Lead — Coordinate the implementation & ongoing usage of Webdam, DI's first digital asset management program. The project has successfully transferred over 18,000 of DI's own project assets into one centralized hub for employees & brands to access through a custom portal.
- Tour Narrative — Working with J. Rieger & Co. distillery to craft a story telling about the history & distillation of whiskey throughout Kansas City and the 100-year-old company that lead them to where they are today.
- Event Strategy — Social media, food & bev, and event take-over strategies for clubs & spaces at both Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium & San Francisco Giants AT&T Park.
- Wayfinding — Lead the team for the Zachry Engineering Education Complex at Texas A&M, a sprawling campus building with over 800 different signs and navigation nodes.
designer — april 2015 - feb 2017
- Design/Bid Development — With most of DI's work being design+build, design/bid presents extra challenges. Leading the Mannie L. Jackson Illinois Basketball Hall of Fame, the worked pushed the design team to incorporate fine details, ensuring the final product met the design intent.
- Promotional Museum Content — Worked with the Kansas Historical Society to create narratives for artifacts & spaces, along with final rendered videos to help the Kansas History Museum better fundraise.
- Artifact Displays — Designed custom fixtures for artifacts ranging from Arnold Palmer's golf clubs at Wake Forest University, transparent interactive LED displays for the Minnesota Vikings football mannequins, to one of two existing replica Benz Patent-Motorwagens in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium Gullwing Club.
- Wayfinding — Coordinated & designed Spanish-language signage for Caribbean Cinemas' Nuñez de Caceres flagship mall & office complex in Santo Domingo, DR.
elswood smith carlson architects
junior architect — may 2014 - march 2015
- Traditional residential architecture firm. Worked daily with architects and contractors on both new residential construction and renovations.
black & veatch Special Projects Corp.
intern architect — june 2012 - dec 2012
- Developed new design strategies for a proposed renovation of the existing building, as well as created
construction documents for the renovation of the US Navy’s Naval Support Facility in Diego Garcia.
- Content & narrative development
- Client-facing presentations
- Brand strategy
- Wayfinding & signage
- Design-team leadership development
- Digital Asset Management
- Revit Architecture
- 3DS Max
- FileMaker Pro